BPC Launches Lockdown League
As of today, 7th April 2020, the British Pistol Club is launching the Lockdown League.
This is a lighthearted and fun competition open to all pistol shooters to encourage them to make the most of their time in lockdown to train and compete at home, as best they can.
The rules are very simple, shoot a 40 shot match as many times as you like and submit the scores to the British Pistol Club. Every week, the BPC will publicise the latest results on Monday via the website and social media - the highest score in each class (i.e. Junior Men, Senior Women, etc.) every fortnight will get a free entry to the BPC monthly competitions (when they are back on!).
And that's pretty much it. We are trusting participants to submit their scores correctly, electronic trainer scores are welcome too, and when you sign up you can choose 6 yards or 10m - if there is enough interest we will run a League for both.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com
- 40 shots at 10m &/or 6yds (depending on interest)
- Open to Senior Men, Senior Women, Junior Men & Junior Women
- Open to BPC Members & non-Members, Pony Club, Scouts, anyone with a pistol!
- Scores shot on electronic trainers are accepted, e.g. Scatt/Trace/Quantum/etc.
- Self-scoring - send your scores in as often as you like, your highest score will be entered for that week
- No entry fees
- Fortnightly prize of 1 x free BPC monthly competition entry per class.
- Results published every Monday until lockdown ends!
Please also make sure you follow the law on using air weapons at home, see https://assets.publishing.serv...
The BPC would like to thank Andy McGee for contributing the idea of the league and helping to sense-check our work!